What We Do
Our Community Outreach
The Community Kindness of Eastern Oregon Thrift Store is a way for us to generate funds that are used to give back to our community. No profit goes to shareholders or into an owners pocket. It's important to us that you know how your donation of money, time, or goods is helping your community!
How We Spread Kindness
Here are a few of the local programs we're involved in.
- We provide fidget blankets, memory dolls, cuddle dogs & cats for patients within these care facilities and to many other individuals in our community with Alzheimer’s and dementia. Here are some of the locations that we work with:
- Animals in Need through Valley Veterinary
- Youth In Transition
- Haven From Hunger
- La Grande Middle School
- Twiddle Pup program which provides developmental toys for autistic children.
- La Grande High School
- Literacy Program through the La Grande Cook Memorial Library
- We provide inexpensive quality goods to in-need individuals and families through our thrift store.
- Oxford House
- Parole & Probation
- We host an Annual Christmas Buffet
- We love doing this. Our hope is to allow those who may not have someplace to go, or have no family to share the holiday with, to be able to share it with us.
Know of Other Needs?
If you can think of other ways we can help within our community, then please share them with us. We are always looking for ways to expand our reach of kindness.
Want to help too?
Find out how you can help us on our How You Can Help page!